Press Kit - Did You Know?
- North Myrtle Beach has nine miles of beautiful wide beaches.
- "Shag," the movie, was filmed in North Myrtle Beach.
- North Myrtle Beach is located at latitude 33°49'N, longitude 78°40'W.
- The City of North Myrtle Beach is made up of four smaller beaches; Crescent Beach, Ocean Drive Beach, Windy Hill Beach, and Cherry Grove Beach. They joined in 1968 to form what is today North Myrtle Beach.
- The name The Grand Strand was coined by Claude Dunnagan in his newspaper column December 3, 1949. The term has come to include an entire string of communities from the fishing village of Little River to historic Georgetown.
- North Myrtle Beach is bounded by the Intracoastal Waterway to the west and the Atlantic Ocean to the east.
- The Intra-Coastal Waterway was originally built in order to be used as a secret passageway during World War II.
For further information and assistance, or to be added to our media list please contact:
Phone: (843) 281-2662
Fax: (843) 280-2930
1521 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582