Our business community’s core strength is tourism. Tourism’s impact on our local economy is approximately 400 million annually, with 6,600 of 9,500 jobs directly related to tourism industry. It therefore makes sense that many of our products and services relate to our effective marketing and advertising efforts to grow the visitor destination market. Our Annual Visitor’s Guide and Relocation Guide generate close to $300,000 annually and include more than 100 members as advertisers, all of whom benefit greatly from these products.
As an advocate for business, we provide services which protect and enhance the business climate and in particular, the visitors climate, at the local and state levels. Our Legislative Agendas have been used by the U.S. Chamber as samples in the Accreditation process. Our Visitor Center is open to the public, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Our Information Specialists welcome more than 60,000 visitors annually and provide more than 75,000 business referrals as a direct benefit to our members.
The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce annually surveys the membership to determine satisfaction with existing programs, activities, and services and provides an opportunity for the development of additional programs, activities, and services based on membership needs and expectations.
- Company Listing & Contact Name in Directory / Website – This service is available for members for their business and main contact to be listed in the membership directory and on the Chamber website.
- Enhanced Online Business Listing - Chamber members are listed on the website by default. For a small fee, members get their logo attached to their listing. Members can list an advertising message along with a link to their website, a link to an email contact form allowing people to email them directly from the Chamber's website, and a link to an online map showing the location of the business on the map.
- Ribbon Cutting / Grand Opening Services - For new members only! The North Myrtle Beach Chamber provides an opportunity for new members to unveil their business after becoming a member of the North Myrtle Beach Chamber; ambassadors, board members, and chamber members are in attendance to officially mark the “new” opening of a member business.
- Business Card Display in Lobby – All members are welcome and encouraged to provide business cards, which are displayed in the Chamber’s Visitors Center lobby for residents and visitors to browse and take as needed.
- Business Display in Lobby - Members are encouraged to display their flyers and brochures in the Visitor Center. We have professional-looking displays segmented on various topics to make it easy for people to find the information they look for. The display brings members' advertising materials in front of the 5,000 people that step through the doors of the Visitor Center on average each month.
- Membership Directory – A complete membership directory, organized by business category, is available to members and those visiting or new to the area on the Chamber’s website.
- E-mail Blasts – The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce distributes special digital messages to members throughout the year, identifying upcoming events, special offers and notices beneficial to members.
- Job listings - The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce offers members the opportunity to list job opportunities on the North Myrtle Beach Chamber’s web site.
- Member-to-member discounts - "Member's Only" specials are supported and communicated in various channels including the Chamber "Weekly Update", which is distributed to members every Friday, as well as on the Chamber's social media pages.
- Recognition in Newsletter / Facebook / Twitter upon joining / renewal – As a way to recognize and thank our members for their continued support, we acknowledge them in several Chamber communications channels and products including social media.
- “Members Only” Referrals – We provide members with the number of referrals Chamber Information Specialists have provided to inquiries made to the Chamber.
- Members Only Discounted Pricing to Events & Seminars – The North Myrtle Beach Chamber alerts members to special events before notifying the public and even offers special pricing to members to Chamber-hosted or sponsored events.
- Business Counseling – Through the Chamber’s partnership with SCORE, a non-profit organization with volunteers who provide free business mentoring and no- or low-cost educational workshops to new and emerging small businesses, our members have access to various training resources and opportunities to help grow their businesses.
- Mass Mailer – Member Business Brochure / Promotional Flyer – Member brochures and flyers are included in the distribution of our annual Visitor’s Guide, which is mailed to thousands of potential visitors each year.
- Chamber's Conference Center - ½ and Full Day Rental – The North Myrtle Beach Chamber 's Conference Center (Boardroom) is available for member events for a nominal fee. Non-profit organizations benefit from a rental rate of 50% of the member rate for room rental.
- Chamber's Meeting Room ½ Day and Full Day Rental - The North Myrtle Beach Chamber has additional meeting rooms and they are available for member events for a nominal fee. Non-profit organizations benefit from a rental rate of 50% of the member rate for room rental.
- Annual Membership Gala - The Annual Gala is a celebratory night to showcase and embrace our members for their participation with the Chamber throughout the year. Awards are given out in several categories, ending with dinner and dancing.
- Business after Hours - The "BAH" event is an immeasurable opportunity for the hosting member to showcase their business. Members and individuals have the opportunity to network, learn more about the host business, and enjoy each other’s company in a social setting.
- Hurricane Season Seminar - June 1st marks the beginning of the Atlantic Hurricane Season; the North Myrtle Beach Chamber hosts a free two-hour seminar annually which focuses on preparing your home or business for the hurricane season. Attendees learn the quickest routes for evacuation, find out how to get up-to-the minute details during a hurricane, and receive information from local vendors.
- Chairman's Luncheon - Our Chairman's Luncheon is held annually to introduce the new Chairman of the Board and incoming board members for the upcoming year to the general membership. In addition, the outgoing Chairman speaks on behalf of the membership and is recognized for his or her achievements during the year. A speaker is invited and annual goals and objectives are presented at this event.
- Snowbird Reception – This one-day annual event is held at the Visitor’s Center for individuals vacationing in North Myrtle Beach for an extended stay. The reception is an opportunity for members to showcase their businesses and to show appreciation to visitors for their patronage. Refreshments are provided by members and local leaders are invited as well as the general membership.
- New Member Orientation – Held the last Wednesday of each month, this program gives new and existing North Myrtle Beach Chamber members the opportunity to familiarize themselves with North Myrtle Beach Chamber operations and tour the Visitors Center. The Membership Council Chairman, President / CEO, board members, ambassadors, and North Myrtle Beach Chamber staff are available to offer information and welcome new members to the North Myrtle Beach Chamber. Refreshments are provided by a sponsoring member.
- Young Professionals Group – This unique and driven group of individuals is comprised of young (or under 40) business leaders in the community of North Myrtle Beach. The group offers the upcoming “movers and shakers” of our community a networking opportunity with other “young leaders”; annually, the group addresses a specific task vital to our community. The task is determined at the organizational meeting for the group and goals and objectives are presented.
- Lobby TV Monitor Scrolling Ad / Message – The North Myrtle Beach Chamber Visitors Center/lobby features two monitors, which display member advertisements/30-second spots, which are available for purchase to members.
- Website Banner Ad Space - The Chamber offers online advertising opportunities to all members by defining ad space on the website in prominent areas (top of the page) of highly-trafficked sections of the website. We offer two types of ads: tiles (square ads) and classic banners (rectangular ads). The ads rotate at each page visit so all ads get equal opportunities to be displayed.
- Table Top Expo - This one-day event offers a cost-effective way to promote businesses to consumers and business professionals.
- Hospitality bags - The North Myrtle Beach Chamber provides ‘Hospitality Bags’ to groups visiting the North Myrtle Beach area. This product incorporates the convenience of providing detailed literature about member businesses, coupons, specials, novelty items, and more readily available for groups visiting the area.
- Snowball Drop / ‘Shop Local’ event – This event, held to kick off holiday shopping and promote local retail members, has been a huge success and involves local businesses that participate by offering a special incentive (free gift with purchase or percentages off purchase). Each business participating has their offer printed on 25 ping-pong balls, better known as snowballs, which are dropped on Main St. with the business address. The event is heavily promoted in the local newspaper, in North Myrtle Beach Chamber member communications, press releases, social media channels and printed flyers.
- HTC Training Series Seminars – The North Myrtle Beach North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce has started its business-training seminar series entitled "Connecting Through…” sponsored by HTC. The series is part of the North Myrtle Beach Chamber’s commitment to" Building North Myrtle Beach" (BNMB), its five-year sustainable growth and prosperity initiative, an educatioan program conceived under the Business Builder Campaign. The seminar is free for North Myrtle Beach Chamber Members and their employees and $40 for Non-Member/Future Members.