Building North Myrtle Beach 2.0
The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau launched the second phase of the sustainable growth and prosperity initiative, “Building North Myrtle Beach 2.0” (BNMB 2.0) in 2017. The Building North Myrtle Beach 2.0 campaign aims to build the momentum gained in its first phase, the successful “Building North Myrtle Beach” five-year campaign, that raised more than $3.2 million.
NMB 2.0 cabinet members include: Marc Jordan, president and CEO of the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, CVB; campaign chair Jim Smith, president and CEO of Sandhills Bank; Jeri McCumbee, Access Medical Center; Ed Horton, Anderson Brothers Bank; Benjy Hardee, A.O. Hardee & Son, Inc.; Laura Crowther, Coastal Carolinas Association of Realtors; Jonathan Fussell, Duplin Winery; Rick Elliott, Elliott Beach Rentals; William Griste, Jr., Grand Strand Dining Group; Fred Richardson, Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority; Brent Groome, HTC; Neil James, Santee Cooper; and Mendel Bell, Southern Tide Media & Touch MedSpa.
Initiated in 2012, the private-sector driven Building North Myrtle Beach initiative has successfully accomplished many objectives including:
- Implementation of a $2.5 million out-of-area marketing initiative resulting in more than $1 billion in direct visitor expenditures.
- Support and promotion of the North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex that produced an economic impact of $25 million.
- The addition of North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, CVB staff members to work with the City of North Myrtle Beach to market and promote sports tourism.
- A new, better-equipped Visitors Center to serve more than 70,000 visitors each year.
- Vigorous efforts to retain, diversify and attract jobs in the region, driving an economic impact of more than $40 million.
- Numerous leadership initiatives to establish a new light-commercial industrial park, engage the business community in government affairs through a political action committee and professional lobbying firm and establish a “Job Creation Fund” providing incentives to companies considering relocation or expansion.
North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, CVB leadership stated the goal of the Building North Myrtle Beach 2.0 campaign as $3.6 million over a five-year period, with $2.5 million generated from the “S.M.I.L.E.” (Strategic Marketing Initiative and Lead Enhancement) Marketing Co-op.– a private fund from more than 30 accommodations members voluntarily contributing $1 per reservation night, and $1.1 million from support from the private sector business community.
Additional goals for the phase two of the campaign include:
- Accelerate growth with the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, CVB, “S.M.I.L.E.” Marketing Co-op.
- Diversify the North Myrtle Beach economy.
- Equip and sustain the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, CVB as an effective “front door” for visitors, and to serve Chamber members and investors as a capable advocate.
For more information about Building North Myrtle Beach 2.0 and how your business can become a partner in supporting this initiative, contact Claire Yoder, Vice President of Resource Development and Member Engagement, at (843) 361-3040 or Claire@northmyrtlebeachchamber.com.